About Me

At times, I am a very shy person and very timid. I like to learn, I am willing to learn about any and everything. I LOVE laughing and smiling, love the feeling of making others laugh and smile. I do not like confrontations, being disrespectful, violence, or anything negative. I am passionate about everything I do, I really try hard to make sure that I give my best with everthing I do and when I know I haven't done my best I feel like I pretty much failed. I also like to try to help others, I think it is really important to try and help and positively inspire as many people as you can.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Darkest Child post #6

It was such a surprise that Junior, a friend of the Quinn family, was hung. He was probably hung because he was a threat to the white community since he was very educated and he was involved in changing the way black people were treated in their town. I don't know who could have done, I suspect a white person but there are no white main characters. At first I thought Tangy Mae may have had a crush on Junior because of the way she described how she felt when she heard him talk. Tangy's brother, Sam, was especially affected by the hanging because Junior was his really good friend. They were both really involved in motivating the black people of their town to stand up for their rights and demand they have equal treatment as the whites. 
Rozelle was really there for her son during this time. I think this is the only time she showed so much affection for one of her children. She held Sam while he was crying and until he stopped crying. 
Velman Cooper has been taking Rozelle for out for several evenings, no one knows what for and it is worrying Mary Jane very much . He is probably trying to butter her up so that she will let him take Mary Jane, I don't think it will work but he told Tangy to tell Mary Jane that he has everything under control so maybe it will. 

No comments: