About Me

At times, I am a very shy person and very timid. I like to learn, I am willing to learn about any and everything. I LOVE laughing and smiling, love the feeling of making others laugh and smile. I do not like confrontations, being disrespectful, violence, or anything negative. I am passionate about everything I do, I really try hard to make sure that I give my best with everthing I do and when I know I haven't done my best I feel like I pretty much failed. I also like to try to help others, I think it is really important to try and help and positively inspire as many people as you can.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Darkest Child post #2

Tangy Mae and her siblings find out that their mother is having another child and because she was ill from the pregnancy, she tried  to make it seem as if she was going to die so that people would sympathize with them and give them food or money. Unfortunately her secret was discovered and turned out she was hiding her pregnancy from her kids also. In this chunk Tangy Mae describes when she was being made fun of by some other children and she ran away. When Rozelle found out she took Tangy Mae and branded her ordering her, as a Quinn, to never run from anyone again. 
The Quinn children were pretty much left to raise themselves, especially during the time of their mother's tenth pregnancy. They all, especially the younger ones, have a very twisted view of life and it s probably a result a result of the absence of adequate parental figures in their lives. They also do not have the best relationships with each other, for example Tarabelle and Tangy Mae have lots of arguments; Tarabelle is rude to Tangy Mae because she has been in school longer than anyone else and Tangy Mae feels that Tarabelle does not do enough work around the house. It is as if their mother's bitterness has rubbed off on her children.

1 comment:

Jen said...

what do you mean by a twisted view of life, and how is that caused by the lack of adequate parents? what would you consider adequate?